Nicole Dinn, MSc, BKin, RKin, CSCS
Nicole is the Director of Coaching and Head Coach with Barbell 101. She got started in lifting as a teenager. Being the only female lifting at her college gym didn’t stop her from wanting to get advice. One day, Nicole walked up to the biggest guy in the gym and asked him how she could “get big muscles” like him. The guy looked at her and shrugged, and said “Eat lots of meat and potatoes. And squat heavy.” Thus, a monster was born!
That was a long time ago. Nicole currently spends most of her time coaching Olympic weightlifting and nutrition, and her team is based out of Fortis Fitness. She holds a Bachelor of Kinesiology, a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology, has several years of graduate school in biomechanics and neuroscience, and a few other nifty pieces of paper to her name. Nicole is a Registered Kinesiologist, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA), and an Exercise Nutrition Specialist (Precision Nutrition). She also recently completed an internship with Precision Nutrition’s Online Coaching program, and has spent a lot of time working with diverse populations in healthcare, rehabilitation, college athletics, and with the public. Nicole’s goal is to bring weightlifting, fitness, and good nutrition to everyone.
- Bachelor of Psychology, Queen’s University (In progress)
- Master of Science, Kinesiology, Memorial University, 2006
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, Memorial University, 2004
- Level 1 Fascial Stretch Therapist, Stretch to Win Institute, 2016
- Level 2 Nutrition Coach, Precision Nutrition, 2016
- Functional Movement Screen Level 1, FMS, 2016
- Level 1 Weightlifting Coach, NCCP, 2014
- Registered Kinesiologist, College of Kinesiologists of Ontario, 2014
- Level 1 Nutrition Coach, Precision Nutrition, 2014
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA, 2004